Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Whistler

When I was a young boy..Still living at home my father was always whistling no matter what he was doing or where he was going he had a tune to whistle. He listened to country music all the time. When I hear one of the old time songs I think of him and know if he was listening he'll also be whistling along.


As we traveled to our grandmothers house my Sister would sit up front with dad and they would sing songs together. He never liked to miss the Country Music Awards when they had their special on the air. We once traveled back east to visit some of our relatives in Ohio, Virginia we went to Nashville Tenn to visit the Grand Ole Opry. Everybody had a great time. I will always remember that summer it's one of my favorite vacation memories.



The Whistler



My Father is a whistler he whistles all the time My Father is a whistler to the tunes of Patsy cline. My Father is a whistler it's clear to every passing ear people always saying He fills the air with cheer asking him to keep on whistling as long as they were near. I know the dreadful day will come about when he'll no longer be whistling out loud. But he'll always be the whistler deep inside my mind.




They may be good.. or they may be bad.. comments are welcome

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very much enjoyed your storys, ect, Wonderful !!

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry, very good !! Keep the stories coming, Thanks for sharing..Your Gal Pal...

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home